Who we are:
Northern RNA Inc. is a new Canadian CMO specializing in the production of nucleic acid products that support life-enabling work. Our goal is to work alongside our customers to provide scalable manufacturing capacity and to help them accelerate innovation in bringing their products from benchtop to bedside or field.
Our growing company needs a dedicated and reliable Supply Chain Associate to support our cross-functional manufacturing, development, and analytical requirements. In this role, you will lead the implementation of a solid supply chain system to facilitate demand and supply planning, source materials, evaluate and manage a robust supply network, update, and maintain purchase orders and work orders, and assure successful on-time deliveries of products across our organization and to our clients.
Activities in this role:
- Work with cross functional teams to facilitate the accurate and timely processing of all supply chain requirements.
- Lead or facilitate, as appropriate, strategic sourcing and procurement strategies and implementation plans to assure supply of Northern RNA’s requirements.
- Perform vendor evaluation, selection and management, based on price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Facilitate contract development, negotiation, and execution processes.
- Analyze data and provide meaningful metrics, reports, and KPIs to management.
- Develop, maintain, and nurture relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support supply chain agility.
- Monitor and follow up with suppliers and internal teams regarding order status, material availability, regulatory requirements, potential out-of-stock events, and other related matters – and develop risk mitigation strategies to resolve issues, address challenges and ensure expediting of processes.
- Run Material Requisitions Planning (MRP) routinely to define new order requirements and scheduling modifications.
- Perform additional activities as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience in supply chain management is required.
- Experience implementing and using ERP and MRP systems is essential.
- At least 2 years of supply chain experience in controlled (chemical, food, pharmaceutical) manufacturing, bioprocessing, process chemistry, or industrial environment is required.
- Strong knowledge of Health Canada, US, and EU cGMP, ICH requirements, ISO9001, ISO14385, international and federal regulatory regulations is an asset.
- Exceptional data analytics skills are required.
- Meticulous at keeping records and highly organized.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and meet assigned deadlines.
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing protective equipment is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Supply chain: 2 years (preferred)