Keeping You Moving
RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational insurance groups with over 300 years of experience and over 20 million customers worldwide.Our people are committed to building a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving – for customers, for their colleagues and as part of their own growth and development. In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. You will be working in an environment that encourages you to do great work and you constantly will be faced with fresh challenges that have a direct impact on our business. We believe your personality and passion will keep RSA and our business moving forward. At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with a competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.At RSA Canada, our purpose is to Make Life Better Together and we do that every day through our commitments to our people, our customers and our partners. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, fair, and accessible environment where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential and where everyone feels comfortable being their true selves. We hire on the basis of merit and we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as equal access to training and promotion opportunities.
The Developer, Salesforce Development will demonstrate the capability to design, develop, implement, and support Salesforce.com solutions. You will provide key problem resolutions for Salesforce applications while demonstrating the ability to understand business processes and services provided by RSA. You will develop relationships throughout the organization to assist in accomplishing these goals and objectives. You will also be required to strategically design, construct and implement software in a structured Software Development Lifecycle approach. The successful candidate is a highly motivated self-starter and is committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
The position will reflect the skill-set the candidate brings to the role. Locations can be either Toronto, Ontario or St John’s Newfoundland.
Who you are
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role
- The successful IT delivery of various business driven initiatives in multiple lines of business, including both Commercial and Personal Insurance.
- Partner with Business Analysts and Architects to match functional specifications and technical execution to business requirements.
- Analyze complex to highly complex new functionality, changes and fixes to determine a technical solution that not only meets immediate needs but that also considers the Business’ future needs.
- Produce documentation fully describing the technical solution including affected applications, objects, screens, databases, tables, and interfaces (High Level Designs – HLD). Work cooperatively to communicate the solution to various Architects and take on board recommendations from them.
- Develop program code that implements new functionality, changes or fixes and includes a balanced solution that anticipates future requirements and not just immediate needs.
- Debug and apply fixes to production code.
- Develop and execute appropriate unit, systems, and integration test plans.
- Participate in various code review activities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
What you bring to this role
- Degree or diploma in Post-Secondary Computer Studies, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work as required for support purposes.
- Preference will be given to individuals with Salesforce.com certification (Administrator/Developer/Architect) and previous experience as a Salesforce developer
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a developer in Java or C#.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities are essential.
- Experience working on a shared code base utilizing version control software.
- Use of Jenkins, Bitbucket, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA, Confluence, and/or Jira would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a team that utilizes Scrum, Agile, and the Lean Management System.
- Excellent collaboration, time management and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience in the Commercial or Personal Insurance industry is an asset.
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.We invite you to learn more about us at our Career Site, www.rsagroup.ca, where you can apply on line. RSA group of Companies is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.RSA group of Companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email AODA@RSAGROUP.CA or call us at toll free 1 (800)-855-0511. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.