Job #4525 – Rare opportunity to join the head office of one of Ottawa’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies as a Senior Project Accountant! Reporting to the Director of Finance, and working closely with assigned project managers, you will play a vital role in helping manage all project related financial data including forecasts and variance analysis. You will also provide support to the accounts receivable and treasury teams. Main responsibilities include:
- Input project budgets and verify cost accuracy
- Monitor budget vs performance for all projects and identify variances
- Identify accruals and make forecast changes as necessary at month-end using the percent complete revenue recognition method
- Attend project meetings and present financial performance to stakeholders
- Provide oversight to accounts receivable including tracking billings and following up on outstanding receivables
- Complete month-end deliverables to ensure a timely month-end close process
- Special ad-hoc projects as required
If you would like to join a friendly, passionate team with excellent potential for growth, our client would love to meet you – apply now!
The main qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in finance and accounting required
- Minimum 2-3 years of related accounting experience
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, smart, and energetic team player
- Proactive and takes initiative to bring projects to completion
- Experience in the construction and/or manufacturing industry
- Previous project accounting experience
Compensation, Perks & Opportunities:
- $60,000 – $75,000 annual salary
- Generous bonus potential
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Great benefits package starting day 1!
- Registered pension plan after first year
- Wellness spending allowance
- Free on-site parking
Location: Ottawa (West)
Internal Job ID#: 4525
Recruiter Name: Matt Stevenson
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote Job #4525.
- With a resume, click the grey “Apply Now” button.
- Without a resume or have a question – Email us!
Referral Program – Refer a friend and you could earn $500! To share this opportunity, click the “Share” link above.
Thank you for your interest! The recruiter responsible for this role will be in touch with those candidates whose skills and qualifications best match our client’s requirements. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to receiving electronic messages from Stevenson & White related to your consideration for employment.
The post Senior Project Accountant appeared first on Stevenson & White.