**We are looking for eager staff members in the Peterborough Region who are willing to travel to a facility in the Kawartha Lakes Region! All travel and hotel incentives will be covered by us!**
Travel Incentives: $60-$110 per round trip (depending on distance)
Hotel/AirBnB accommodation: Paid for by us and meals allowance
Spend your summer in the beautiful Kawartha Lakes region! Work with Plan A and enjoy your spare time sight seeing, visiting beaches, and taking in all Kawartha has to offer.
Plan A is a staffing agency that supports Long Term Care (LTC) homes who are experiencing staffing shortages. We are currently looking for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
$22.00 – $29.00 per hour ($29/hour on last-minute shifts)
Benefits of working for Plan A:
- Company Culture
- Work-life balance
- Competitive Salary
- StaffStat operated
- Pick own schedule
- Only require to complete 3 shifts a month
- Your part of making a difference !
- Provide personal care.
- Provide companionship.
- Administer bedside and personal care.
- Feed, or assist in feeding.
- Assist clients to walk.
- Aid clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene.
- Work under pressure.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Completion of College (CEGEP) vocational or technical training, some university.
- First aid certificate, CPR certificate, Personal Support Worker certificate.
- 1 year to less than 2 years of experience
- Additional requirements before employment include: criminal record check, immunization records, and Tuberculosis test.
** Nursing students must have completed 1st year of Practical Nursing program and be enrolled in the second year of nursing.
Documents required prior to working:
· PSW Certificate/ Proof of enrollment
· N95 Mask Fit
· TB 2 Step
· Flu Shot
· 4 Step Health and Safety
· 5 Step Health and Safety
Own vehicle or public transit
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Sitting; Standing for extended periods; Bending, Crouching, Kneeling; Large workload; Tight deadlines; Ability to Supervise staff in various areas of responsibility
Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
Plan A has over 26 locations in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia, making it flexible to transfer to a different location.
We offer the potential to work up to 44 hours per week, while making your own schedule. Help bolster your current income!
What are you waiting for? APPLY NOW!!
Part-time hours: 8-44 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.00-$29.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift