Job Title: Heavy Equipment Technician/Mechanic (Shop)
Locations: Brampton, ON
Hourly Range: $38.50 - $40.50 an hour + Built-in Overtime
Compensation: Full Benefits, Paid Vacation, Personal Days, RRSP Matching, Tool Allowance, etc.
Reports to: Service Supervisor
Our client, Bobcat of Toronto, is one of the largest Compact Construction Equipment dealer networks in Canada. With locations in Brampton, Scarborough, Windsor, and Barrie Ontario, they are the dedicated dealer for the bulk of central Ontario committed to going beyond customer expectations to deliver the industry’s highest standard of product sales and support.
This opportunity will allow you to immerse yourself into a diverse product line that covers everything from paving, recycling, to property development, demolition, and the list goes on. You will work alongside some of the most helpful and respected coworkers in the business.
Technicians play a critical role in service for customers, and the client strives to deliver the most reliable and timely service in the market. If you're looking to remove your downtown commute, maybe get off the evening shift and weekends, or are looking for a team that supports YOU, don't let this exciting opportunity pass you by!
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and perform electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical maintenance & repair on various models of light-duty/compact construction equipment and attachments in the shop or field.
- Program, update, and calibrate onboard control systems.
- Focus on key processes such as completion of service work papers, submission of daily time cards, working with the dealer online support systems, filling out warranty information, and conducting general technician housekeeping duties.
- Perform daily duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace.
- Participate in all required Health & Safety training.
- 3+ years of experience working on industrial/construction equipment.
- 421A / 310T Trade Certificate is considered an absolute asset.
- Demonstrated previous shop environment skills are required.
- Self-starter, independent, and a team player with a sense of urgency.
- Proficient with computer systems and machine diagnostics.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours during normal business hours (7 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday) in support of business needs.
- Successful candidates will be motivated, personable, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have a valid Ontario Drivers Licence with a clean driver abstract.
WHAT OUR CLIENT OFFERS:
- Competitive Compensation +Built-in Overtime & Additional Overtime Option/s ($$$)
- Full Benefits 100% Paid by Employer - including Medical, Dental & Vision (Yes please!)
- RRSP Matching Program that increases year after year (Retire in style)
- Annual Boot Allowance & Tool Allowance (Kick those boots into gear)
- A true family feel that you will most definitely not find anywhere else ("People First" is their mission statement)
If you want a career to work within a highly collaborative environment and love to help customers and your team succeed, my client would like to meet you.
Click "APPLY" to get the process rolling.
We truly appreciate all interested applicants and will only be able to reply to qualified candidates at this time. Either way, you will be kept within our files for future opportunities, so it's a win-win!
Similar roles that would succeed: Journeyman Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanic, On Road/Off Road Mechanic, Industrial Mechanic, Industrial Technician, 310T, 421A, Field Service Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.50-$40.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- dealership technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- heavy equipment mechanic: 3 years (Required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place