George A. Wright & Son, a Tessera Group Company, has been building a tradition of quality and customer service in the food, pharmaceutical and consumer goods manufacturing industries since 1894. We design, manufacture, and install all kinds of material handling equipment in manufacturing facilities throughout the GTA and South-Central Ontario.
We are seeking a dynamic professional to join our team as a Project Coordinator. This is a full-time permanent opportunity with a fun team and great benefits! If you are interested in developing your career alongside an established and growing company, this could be right for you.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Department Manager, the Project Coordinatoris responsible for overseeing, facilitating, and supporting the successful execution of packaging and automation projects. The incumbent will play a pivotal role in ensuring that project objectives are completed according to established timelines, while also meeting the highest standards of quality and compliance in the packaging and automation industry.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and facilitate end-to-end project progression, including but not limited to, setting up projects, following up with internal project team members, and coordinating shipping to sites.
- Communicate with suppliers, coordinate purchase orders, and prepare change order quotes.
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction by meeting project objectives, delivering quality results, and addressing client feedback.
- Organize factory acceptance testing (FAT) to ensure equipment operation aigns with the client's purchase order specifications.
- Delegate tasks to subcontractors, suppleirs, and operational, technical, and design team members based on project requirements.
- Maintain accurate project documentation, including project plans, reports, and change orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years experience in a project coordinator capacity.
- Must have knowledge of packaging and automation industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to adapt to multiple priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work independently.
- The incumbent will be expected to work on site in our Scarborough office.
George A. Wright & Son offers an engaging and rewarding workplace. We care about our team members and enjoy developing long-term working relationships. We offer a total compensation package that includes:
- Competitive wage
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching
- Continued training and development
- Work life balance
- Opportunities for advancement
Interested candidates are invited to apply direct via this posting.
We thank you in advance for your interest in George A. Wright & Son and our role, we will review all applicants based on qualifications, merit and business need and contact only those selected to start the interview process. George A. Wright & Son is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$38.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON M1V 4B1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Project Coordinator: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person