Don Cherry's Sports Grill, located in Chances Prince Rupert, is seeking to hire individuals with an appreciation and passion for the food and beverage industry. The candidate for this position will possess excellent interpersonal skills and have at least six months bartending and/or serving experience. Don Cherry’s Sports Grill offers room for career development and excellent mentorship. We are looking for especially motivated individuals who are interested in excelling in their position, and potentially moving to a role in leadership. We offer an excellent, safe, nurturing work environment, competitive wages and very reasonable work hours.
Full and part time positions available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome, interact and greet guests while providing fast, efficient and pleasant service.
- Preparing beverages and completing all the delegated tasks by the management and/or your direct supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar, counters, sinks, utensils and storage areas.
- Knowledge of all menus; food and drink.
- Be ready and willing to assist and provide help to your serving crew when needed.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within our restaurant.
- Accurately enter menu items into the POS system, prepare beverages, deliver to guests, present them with the final bill and accept payment.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Minimum 6 months serving/bartending experience.
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Friendly and outgoing; graceful and smiling under pressure.
- Self-Motivated decision maker with proven organizational skills.
- Displays high initiative requiring minimal supervision and direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills, working effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of the Squirrel system an asset (POS)
- Serving it Right Certification.
- Level 1 First Aid and Food Safe certification an asset.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter via email to the Human Resources Department of the West Coast Group via email using the provided link.
We thank all those who apply, however will only contact those we intend to interview
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Bartending: 1 year (Required)
- Prince Rupert, BC (Required)
- Serving it Right (Required)