Sessions Cannabis is seeking applicants for the role of Key Lead. We are looking for dedicated individuals who understand the
nuances of cannabis and are eager to enter this burgeoning industry.
Sessions Cannabis is a leading cannabis retailer with simple and relatable goals. It is our belief that cannabis is to be safe and
accessible to everyone. We strive to support all aspects of the local community and seek to hire directly from the neighbourhoods
we affiliate with to add stable, fulfilling, and enjoyable employment to those communities.
As a Sessions Cannabis Key Lead, you will assist the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. As a
team lead, you will deploy employees and delegate tasks to create a great experience for our customers by providing customer
service with prompt service and quality products and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. You will be
responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Sessions guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The essential functional tasks and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
● Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Sessions Cannabis
● Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set
a positive example for the team
● AnƟcipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluaƟng environment and customers for cues
● Communicates informaƟon to the manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create a great environment during
● Provides feedback to store manager on employee performance during shift
● Contributes to a posiƟve team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in employee morale and performance and
communicating them to the store manager.
● Create a posiƟve learning environment by providing clear, specific, Ɵmely and respecƞul coaching and feedback to partners
on shift to ensure operational success and to improve employee performance.
● Delivers great customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with
● Discovers and responds to customer needs
● Develops posiƟve relaƟonships with the team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, need and concerns
● Executes store operaƟons during scheduled shiŌs.
● Organizes opening and closing duƟes as assigned
● Follows Sessions Cannabis operaƟonal policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security,
to ensure the safety of all employees during each shift
● Follows all cash management and cash register procedures and ensures proper cash management practices are followed
by all team members.
● Follows up with employees during the shiŌ to ensure the delivery of great customer service for all customers.
● Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
● Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by
collaborating with store manager to find new, creative and effective methods of recognition.
● UƟlizes operaƟonal tools to achieve operaƟonal excellence during the shiŌ.
● Assist with inventory audits
● Help receive and merchandise product
● Monitor sales and inventory discrepancies
● Educate customers on cannabis products and how to safely consume cannabis
● Any other tasks as assigned by the Multi-Unit Manager
● 1 year of retail management experience
● 3 -5 years customer service experience in a retail environment
● Valid Cannsell Cannabis Retail CerƟficaƟon
● Knowledge of cannabis and cannabis products is an asset
● SaƟsfactory Police background check
● Must be 19 years of age or older
● Ability to direct the work of others
● Ability to learn quickly
● EffecƟve oral communicaƟon skills
● Knowledge of the retail environment
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to work as part of a team
● Performs a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment
● Works under pressure to meet customer demands in a Ɵmely manner
For more information, check out our website at www.sessions.ca. If this exciting new opportunity is of interest to you,
please submit a resume. We thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sessions Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based upon merit, performance and
the needs of the business. We value diversity and encourage all who meet the job’s qualifications to apply and join the
Sessions Cannabis will make every effort to accommodate candidates' needs through the hiring process in accordance with
the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require any
accommodations throughout the hiring process, please let us know.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $17.75 per hour
- Casual dress
- Store discount
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Customers and employees are to follow Public Health Guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thunder Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail management: 2 years (preferred)
- Retail sales: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person