JR Capital Contracting Inc., has 25+ years of experience in general contracting, specializing in the wireless communication industry.
Clientele has included Bell Mobility Inc., Huawei Technologies, Toronto Police Services, BAI Communications, Fido, Nokia-Siemens, and Motorola. Our experienced, trained and fully competent team brings a wealth of knowledge and years of professional experience for the implementation of all areas of wireless installations including Long Term Evolution – LTE (4G and 700) installations, Small Cells, RET & Refarming upgrades and PICO Cells to expand cell coverage.
Looking for an experienced Electrician/309A Construction & Maintenance in the wireless telecommunication industry.
This position is responsible for all Electrical work to support the installation of telecommunication equipment. It will provide specialized services to the telecommunication industry where the complete installation, testing and maintenance of various types of telecommunications critical infrastructure will be performed.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, distribution equipment, disconnects, breaker panels and other related devices.
- Ensure that all work meets the latest Ontario Electrical Safety Codes requirements
- Complete projects from start to finish with high workmanship standards and efficiency
- Meet time line requirements
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Installation of cable tray
- Installation of antennas and RRU's
- Coordinate with office for a smooth and timely flow of information and job progress
- Open minded to another’s ideas for the betterment of all
- Give guidance and training to junior team members
- Scissor lift, articulating boom and swing stage work is required
- Any other assigned and related tasks as directed
Job Requirements & Experience
- Must have fall protection, first aid and WHMIS certification
- Must have G Class driver’s license
- Must have clean driver’s abstract
- Comfortable working in confined spaces and at heights (i.e. high-rise building rooftops)
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Must have experience with conduit work such as PVC, EMT and with the use of hydraulic benders and hand benders.
- Experience with new consumer service installation and/or distribution equipment
- Experience with running jobs and delegating work as needed to complete jobs efficiently
- Maintain the highest degree of safety compliance above and beyond JR Capital Contracting’s health and safety policies
- Must be a reliable worker with good attendance record
- Ability to work independently as well as work in a team setting
- Must have a strong command of the English language, both verbal and written
- May be required to travel and work weekends, nights if required by customer
- Own basic personal hand tools
- Previous experience with generators, inverters, rectifiers and telecommunications infrastructure is beneficial
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position
We thank those who have applied, successful candidates will be contacted directly for an interview. Salary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Electrician: 5 years (Required)
- Oshawa, ON (Preferred)
- G (Required)
- English (Required)