Recreation Aide – 0.9 FTE
The Academy of Aging
Monday – Friday
We are excited to start recruiting for our amazing new building, The Academy of Aging! The Recreation Aide is responsible for assisting the Recreation Director with developing and leading all Resident-centered events and outings, as well as creating dynamic event calendars and monthly newsletters.
If you have the relevant experience and possess a passion for working with Seniors, we welcome your application. Please ensure that you include a cover letter that outlines why you want to join the team at The Academy of Aging and what makes you an ideal fit for our team.
The Academy of Aging is a Canadian non-profit society with The Manor Village Life Centers. The Academy is focused on coaching Canadians, that chronic health conditions that often results in memory loss with aging can be dramatically reduced and even prevented in some cases with lifestyle changes, especially when health habits are formed in the adult years. The Academy is also embarking on providing excellence in senior housing and a ‘Lifestyle Experience’ second to none. www.theacademyofaging.ca
Do you want to go home every day knowing you made a difference? Then this could be the Position for you!
What we offer:
- Competitive Wage
- Terrific staff team
- Wonderful work environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- The opportunity for growth.
What you offer:
- Experience working with Seniors in a Recreation setting
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Experience in planning activities and events focused on seniors; in an Independent, Assisted Living and or Memory Care environment
- Class 4 License (ability to obtain)
- The ability to connect with our senior Residents and those with dementia
- Sound judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional computer skills (InDesign experience an asset)
If you have a sincere passion for Seniors and seek to excel in our growing organization, please apply. ATTN: Recreation Aide
Job Type: Full-time
- planning activities and events focused on seniors: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with Seniors in a Recreation setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 4 License (Preferred)