Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 16 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Internship:
As a Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Co-op you will learn the various aspects of the business as well as be assigned a project that aligns you with our operational needs. You will be trained in various areas required to learn basic skills necessary to understand the process to complete assigned project(s). These areas of training/projects may include the following:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Sanitation Requirements
- CFIA Regulations and Requirements
- Food Safety Initiatives
- FSSC / ISO 22000
- Product Sampling
- Plant operations
- Plant process studies
- Process Improvements Inventory Management (scheduling/planning/maintaining inventory)
- Overview of OSHA Requirements
- Safety Training
- Injury/Illness Reporting
- Job Task Procedures (JTP’s)
- Cargill offers relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Ag-Business, Ag-Econ, Engineering, Business Administration or related fields and graduating between December 2020 and May 2022.
- Willingness to work evening, night, weekend and rotating shifts if required
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the Canada.
- Able to complete a 16 week internship (May- August 2020)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Guelph
Other Locations Canada