The Medical Office Administrator is primarily responsible for supporting the day-to-day overall operation of the clinic and organizing the medical facility’s functions. Through excellent organizational and communication skills, along with a service focus attitude. The Medical Office Administrator ensures that the patients are given high quality customer service, the schedules of team members are maximized, the operational standards are maintained.
1. Oversees the smooth progression of the daily patient schedule.
2. Acts as a resource person to staff delivering patient care.
3. Participates in monthly coordinator meetings.
4. Maintains all equipment in working order.
5. Provides Medical Practitioners and staff with appropriate paperwork for all new patients; ensures proper processing of physician sign-offs; maintains patient records (non-medical; books final assessments and handles renewal/discharges as clients near program end.
6. Provides Clinic Manager with consistent updates on renewals, patient conflicts/complaints, re-assessments, and patient goal setting and attendance.
7. Researches and resolves client concerns promptly; Puts the client first and models service and care standards always.
8. Contacts existing clients prior to appointments and reminds them of sessions/preparation, etc.
9. Assists with onsite submissions and monthly billing.
10. Ensures completion of all paperwork, client forms, client correspondence, etc. in an accurate and timely fashion.
11. Perform clinic opening and closing procedures in accordance with company policies.
12. Promote clinic services and products.
13. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Is always service focused when interacting with clients and patients. Handles client questions and complaints, communicates with clients, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for clients, follows procedure to solve client problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers to improve productivity.
Knowledge of medical software, EMR’s (TELUS), Google Suite and MS Office.
Keeps information organized, accessible and confidential, maintains clean/functional work space, works systematically/efficiently, manages time well.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems. Able to take initiative and work independently when needed with a strong attention to detail.
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere. Handles communication with all team members in a respectful and appropriate fashion.
- Medical Office Administrator certificate or related experience
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience in a medical service environment
- Proficient at OHIP billing, submissions & Physicians RA reporting
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Excellent technical / computer skills (EMR's)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour