Surespan specializes in in bridges, marinas, and other commercial concrete and steel buildings. Safety and Quality are some of our core values which are reflected in everything we do. We’ve found success by safely producing quality products that last a lifetime. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that provides a sense of accomplishment and pride that comes with working on legacy projects, then Surespan is the place for you.
All Surespan Structures employees play an integral role in our company’s ongoing success. We strive to create an enjoyable, rewarding, and dynamic work environment for our employees. We value the loyalty, unique skills, and experiences that each person brings to work each day.
· Will be responsible for ensuring timely product quality control, product sampling, data entry and related reporting.
· Quality assurance for all manufactured goods and project management deliverables.
· Pre-pour and post-pour inspections.
· CWB level 2 Visual Weld Inspection and CSA concrete tester.
· Knowledge of Materials of Construction.
· Inspection and Test Plan writing experience.
· Weld and NDE tracking experience.
· Intermediate to advanced MS Excel (data entry, applying filters, basic formulas, pivot tables etc.)
· Team leadership with the understanding of construction flow and scheduling.
· 10 years’ experience in the construction field with at least five years in a Quality role.
· Quality system development experience.
· Valid driver’s license is required.
· Ability to work in a team setting or independently.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Willingness and ability to learn continuously.
Location of Employment:
This position will be based in Duncan, British Columbia. Applicants must currently be legally permitted to work in Canada for any employer; candidates located outside of BC will not be considered for this role and need not apply.
Please no recruiters for this position.
· Job Type: Full-time
· Monday – Friday
· 8 Hour Shift
We offer competitive pay and benefit packages based on performance and responsibility.
Reference ID: Quality Control Technician
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have Covid-19 policies and procedures available upon request.
- Quality: 1 year (Preferred)