As a member of the Fairmont team, you will have access to health benefits after 3 months of full-time employment, subsidized housing starting at $16.50/day and the opportunity to live and grow your career in a National Park!
Employee Recreation and Events Manager
Nestled behind the Historic Chateau Lake Louise is a community of up to 750 colleagues.As an influential Manager of the Colleague Services Team, this position focuses on managing the ongoing success of the Lifestyles Program for CLL colleagues; an important key in the colleague’s experience.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Talent & Culture, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the management of the lifestyles program
- Effectively plan and create monthly “Lifestyles Calendar” for Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise employee events, activities, excursions, etc. (i.e. day hikes, craft beer tastings, shuttles to Canmore/Calgary, staff BBQ’s)
- Responsible for executing all aspects of monthly Lifestyles events - motivate and action volunteers to aid in running on-property events (planning, set-up, run event, tear-down)
- Responsible for liaising with local businesses to provide Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise employees with every opportunity to explore the Rocky Mountains ( Lake Louise Ski Resort, Local excursions etc.)
- Effectively optimize all internal communication & social channels - execute and deploy communications, campaigns through planning and content creation
- Manage Rockies Gym, on-site staff fitness facility. Ensure high-quality wellness experience for Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise staff through sourcing of modern equipment, quarterly maintenance, daily facility checks, membership audits, etc.
- Head Lifestyles Rental program - ensure daily rental audits & equipment checks are completed, seasonally source cutting-edge rental equipment to ensure Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise employees have access to quality rental equipment (camping, water sports, biking, avalanche safety gear, snowshoes, etc.)
- Manage all financial functions of the Lifestyles Program, handle monthly review of Lifestyles budget, handle vendor payments, additions, etc. Head yearly budgeting for Lifestyles Program to ensure funds are appropriately
- Chair Lifestyles Committee, collaborate with Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Lifestyles Committee members to share ideas regarding Lifestyles programming to conceptualize innovative events, activities and opportunities for Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise employees
- Responsible for driving of the colleague shuttle to and from Canmore and Calgary on a weekly basis
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary education in any of the following areas or equivalent: Events Management, Recreation and Outdoor Adventure, Communication or Public Relations or Hospitality
- Class 4 driver’s license required. Minimum Class 5 with the ability to obtain class 4. Company will provide sponsorship
- Passionate about outdoors lifestyle and wellness
- Passionate about Turning Moments to Memories for our employees through conceptualizing unique events
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate off-property excursions for 10-20 people
- Experience with and excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, PremierePro) & Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience editing photo and video media
- Imaginative, creative, out of the box thinker
- Outgoing, high-energy personality
- Highly responsible & reliable and self-motivator
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Visa Requirements: Applicant must hold the proper work authorization to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- project planing: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)