General Description: Reporting to the Constituency Manager, this part-time position involves advocacy for local residents and office administration. Caseworkers are front-line staff who respond to concerns from constituents and help them access federal services.
- Handle inquiries from members of the public by phone, email or in person, taking appropriate action to resolve
- Document and manage cases, while seeking input from other staff and the Member of Parliament
- Advocate on behalf of constituents in need of support from various government programs (Immigration, Student Loans, CRA, EI, OAS, CPP) on a case by case basis (casework) including detailed tracking of case files through database software.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Academic degree or diploma in a relevant field or equivalent work experience. Previous case work or social work experience is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and independently motivated
- Adaptable, comfortable in a fast paced environment & able to respond to changing priorities.
- Shows empathy with others in difficult situations while maintaining timelines
- Able to identify constituent issues and ability to resolve the matter in a timely manner
- prepare closure letters for the Member of Parliament
- Necessary, strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite and Outlook
This position is part time and scheduling may vary.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please include a resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Job Type: Part-time