NARROW PASSAGE RAIL currently looking for a TIMEKEEPER / SAFETY OFFICER position for its Quebec Operations. The preference is for the successful candidate to reside in Quebec and be bilingual.
- Manage daily production reports of field employees to ensure correct information is submitted and processed
- Timekeeper will cross reference the following information on a daily basis:
· Employee positions
· Employee Rates of pay for those positions
· Start Time / End Time
· Travel Time
- Immediate follow up on a daily basis to confirm errors, missing information, or clarification on information submitted from Foreman and field Supervisors
- Manage and execute weekly payroll which includes hourly compensation, living out allowances (LOA), travel time, and other provisions listed under the collective bargaining agreement
- Printing and distribution of weekly payroll stubs to all hourly employees
- Production of weekly report identifying error trends or areas of focus for Payroll Data
· Field safety audits to confirm rules compliance and safe work practices as per NARROW PASSAGE RAIL standards
· Completion of follow up plans for failed safety audits which include follow up plan completion within 7 days of failure
· Generation of Safety Audit reports for Safety and HR team as well as field Superintendents / AVP
· Investigation of incidents and accidents including completion of formal employee investigations, re-enactments (where applicable), closeout documents including recommendations for discipline
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Experience in timekeeping related activities for staff of 100 unionized personnel
· Experience in managing and administering PAYROLL information including union deductions, benefits, and pension under a collective agreement
· Candidate is well versed in timekeeping activities coinciding with a collective agreement
· Knowledge and understanding of the rail industry
Candidates who have prior rail experience will be considered as priority candidates.
NARROW PASSAGE RAIL thanks all applicants for their interest in the position however will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time