Luther is one of Germany’s largest corporate/commercial law firms with its regional headquarter in Singapore. Active in Myanmar since 2013, with a current staff strength of 50, Luther is one of the largest law firms and corporate service providers in Yangon. Our lawyers, tax advisors and corporate secretaries cover the whole range of corporate and commercial legal work as well as the structuring of investments into Myanmar. Accounting, payroll, tax-compliance and administrative support are provided by our internationally trained accountants and tax consultants, offering a “one-stop shop” for our clients’ strict regulatory and/or administrative corporate needs & responsibilities.
To support our legal team in Myanmar we are seeking to recruit a Foreign Lawyer (m/f/d) who has already gained experience abroad and would like to work long-term in Myanmar or Asia.
- Providing legal and regulatory advice on the structuring of investments into Myanmar
- Review and drafting of commercial contracts and agreements
- Transaction-related assistance and advice (e.g. due diligence, etc.)
- Provision of timely legal advice and guidance to multinational investors, MNCs and SMEs, international organizations, embassies and local conglomerates to minimize legal risk while helping them accomplish their goals
- Legal research and presentations
- Strong academic record, a degree in law and licensed to practice / admitted to the bar in your home jurisdiction
- Professional newcomer or 1-2 years work experience as a lawyer
- Fluent in English (oral and written) with exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex legal issues in a simple way to non-lawyers and deliver business-centric advice and solutions
- Fast thinker and quick learner, able to familiarize yourself quickly with a new (legal) environment and eager to keep abreast of the increasingly changing legislation of Myanmar
- Team player with strong communication skills and client service focus - reliable, flexible, helpful and willing to work beyond and outside regular hours as needed to serve the needs of the client and an ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong time management and multitasking skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Able to work independently and autonomously, willing to take accountability and ownership of difficult and unfamiliar issues by displaying initiative, resourcefulness and confidence under limited supervision
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to grasp relevant issues quickly within a commercial context, balanced by an entrepreneurial mindset and sound business judgment with a practical, solution-oriented and common-sense approach
- Knowledge of Common Law
- Knowledge of Taxation
What we offer:
- We're a successful, fast-growing firm with an entrepreneurial vibe in Asia’s last frontier
- We have competitive salaries
- We're at the forefront of the legal development of Myanmar
- We're passionate about our clients
- We get to be creative daily
- We have a young leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- One- or two-page cover letter that addresses at least the following subjects: why you are drawn to this position, and aspects of your background that demonstrate competence to work with diverse clients and colleagues in a developing market
- Salary history and requirements
- Two professional or academic references
We offer demanding and varied tasks, a pleasant working atmosphere in a young and committed team with great career development opportunities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
Luther Law Firm Limited
Job Type: Full-time
- Did you obtain your law degree from one of the following places: EU, UK, Australia, New Zealand or Canada?
- How many years of working experience do you have as a lawyer?
- Do you have experience living or working in South East Asia? If yes: How many years?
- English (required)
- German (preferred)
Work Location: In person