14 August 2020
Permanent - Full Time
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6 CA (Primary)
The purpose of this position is to provide general administrative and coordination support to the Corporation with a focus on the assigned Procurement Professional, PF&P Management staff and team members,and all internal procure to pay process users. The role supports all facets of the procurement cycle including planning, requests for quotes, supplier selection, purchase order placement, follow-up, expediting where required, validation and completion ofreceipts, invoice exception investigation and resolution, as well as statistic collection and report creation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Provide assistance and guidance to Countystaff and vendors with regard to the County’s procure to pay processes and procurement policy.
2. In the role of “super-user” provide support to County staff and vendors with regard to the County’s procurement process including competitive processes, purchase order creation and receiving, troubleshooting and identification of transaction vs. system issues, resolution of invoice exceptions.
3. Administration and coordination of various centralized procurement programsandcross corporate operational supply contracts as assigned e.g. procurement card administration, advertising, telecom, leased equipment, computers, copier equipment, printing services e.g. business cards, advertising etc.
4. Working closely with the assigned Procurement Professional and other PF&P staff, coordinate procured goods, services, vehicles and related Procure to Pay processes.
5. Create and issue approved request for quote and purchase order documentsto various suppliers for internal staff/departments for operational and capital procurements utilizing approved systems, sourcing of goods and/or services where required, as assigned and with the approval of the assigned Procurement Professional.
6. Act as a first point of contact for procurement related inquiries e.g. invoice exceptions, procurement policy/procedures after consulting with appropriate management as required.
7. Provide training to new staff on using the SAPsystem for procurement and utilizing the procurement card. Act as procurement card system administrator as required.
8. Responding to internal or external inquiries on current competitive processes, issuance and collection of related documents to and from perspective bidders, issuance of addendums, and contract award or non-award correspondence.
9. Maintain the TOMRMS filing system for the department e.g. contracts, project files, warranties/guarantees, WSIB, LiabilityInsurance, and vendor Health and Safety policies.
10. Provide administrative support to assigned Procurement Professional(s) e.g. preparation & issuance of correspondence, general communications, arrange meetings, preparation of documents in advance of meetings, take minutes, maintain filing and manage personal calendars.
11. Create, analyze and issue departmental or corporate Open Purchase Order Reports to keep receivers, procurement contacts and management apprised of order status preventing invoice discrepancies and delays in payment process, provide guidance to other procurement contracts on the creation of the Open Order report for their department.
12. Compile and maintain SAP Vendor Master,create new vendors upon verified requests from County staff, request EFT information including bank accounts, create vendor output conditions, regularly audit data fields e.g. missing postal codes, phone/fax numbers, email addresses.
13. Create schedules for and regularly audit e-mail lists in Outlook (e.g. vendors and p-card users), regularly report to management on audit outcomes.
14. Maintain and record PF&P performance metrics and other information on approvedsoftware as assigned (e.g. p-card usage stats, web site hits, invoice exceptions).
15. Monitor the Procurement email account (Simcoe-Purchasing), identify failed outbound messages, resend as required, update vendor master with correct email address
16. Monitor the Bids e-mail account, responding to customer based requests for information and clarifications, registrations for specific bid opportunities communicating with the applicable Procurement Professional
17. Maintain Internet/Intranet pages as required e.g. internal pages, tender postings, adding and editing of bid opportunities and results.
18. Provide departmental late lunch coverage and vacation coverage.
19. Liaise between staff and various vendors, advise students and vendors on systems policies & functions.
20. Creation of procurement system reports and auditing of data as assigned.
21. Obtain budgetary quotes for internal customers as required.
22. Create work instructions as required (e.g. p-card, tender posting).
23. Participate in committees as assigned.
24. Special projects and other duties as required.
25. Comply with provincial and County occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
26. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protectionof Privacy Act.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
- Completion of a two (2) year Business Administration Program from a recognized community college program, with two (2) years procurement experience in an administrative capacity or four (4) years recent and related experience in public procurement with a grade 12 diploma, or equivalent education or experience.
- Progress towards or completion of OPBA Certificate in Public Procurement would be beneficial.
- Advanced knowledge of standard public procurement procedures and contract law, competitive processes, procurement related codes of conduct, terminology, conflict of interest issues.
- Highly motivated withexcellent interpersonal skills, capable of working well under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to be flexible and adapt positively to change in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent writtenand oral business communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to learn and operate in a very fast paced, multi-functional environment where priorities will change regularly.
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong and accurate data entry skills including experience with (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Internet, heavy usage of SAP system).
- See the combination of education and experience under the Education section.
- Mental and visual effort requiredwhen reading and preparing documents.
- Regular office environment.
$23.06 - $28.14
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.