Two Positions available: Day Shift and Night Shift – Start Date: January 2019
The Maintenance Supervisor position is responsible for the operation of the Company’s facilities with regards to any Electrical / Mechanical Equipment issues. Maintains systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts; supervising staff.
- Accomplishes maintenance objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Post-secondary education required.
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP or HVAC certified) are preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years of proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role.
- Computer literacy is a must. Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong technical knowledge of building systems and food manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations.
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management.
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Maintenance Supervisor: 4 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- CMRP or HVAC (Preferred)