Position Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Program and Fundraising Coordinator
Starting Rate of Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 Based on Experience & Qualifications
Hours: 40 hours per week
Requirements: Recent Post-Secondary Graduate Within Last Five (5) Years And Currently Unemployed
Summary of Part Time Position:
The Boys and Girls Club of Summerside is looking for candidates interested in a full-time employment opportunity. This position includes being a Lead Coordinator of a Consolidated Credit Union Youth Engagement Centre Program, where you will be supervising a group of youth in a work-placement program. With the increase of demand for programs as well as new initiatives, the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside is looking for employees that are able to:
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for youth to play, engage, learn and grow in.
- Driving youth to their work-placement.
- Supervising youth at their work-placement.
- Schedule and Coordinate youth work-placement schedules.
- Communicate with youth and community members involved in the program.
- Market and promote the program within the community and surrounding area.
- Organize and lead youth and staff focus groups / meetings.
- Engage and provide support on a Youth Committee Board.
- Light Bookkeeping (no experience required – training provided).
- Organize, coordinate and supervise facility rentals on weekends.
- Implement the BGCS Annual Super 7 Fundraiser Elimination Draw.
- Completing Annual Celebrity Golf Tournament & Dinner Gala duties and tasks as required.
- Posting Program & Events on all social media platforms.
- Additional duties associated with ongoing events/fundraisers.
- Must be able to work a flex work schedule (weekdays, evenings, weekends) based on program and fundraiser requirements.
- Have the ability to develop and implement activities.
- Good decision making skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and communications skills.
- Education and Experience in a related field will be taken into consideration.
- Have the ability to work well with co-workers.
- Courteous manners with the public.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Have the ability to consistently show up on time daily.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check
The Boys and Girls Club of Summerside really is “a good place to be”. We offer a supportive work environment and rewarding career opportunities with great benefits!
Resumes can be dropped off at the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside’s Consolidated Credit Union’s Youth Engagement Centre located at 381 Notre Dame Street, Summerside, PE, C1N 1S6 c/o Morgan Carlile or sent by e-mail. Thank you in advance for your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour