General Manager – Barber & Haskill Appliances, Midland ON
About Barber & Haskill
We are Barber and Haskill, a market leader and respected retailer in the Appliance and Mattress industry. Based in Midland Ontario on the shores of Georgian Bay. We are just far enough from Toronto to be relaxed. But close enough to effectively compete with the largest players in our industry.
General Manager Opportunity
Barber & Haskill has a great General Manager opportunity to help lead and grow the business.
We are looking for a leader with the drive to help take us to the next level. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference, to drive growth, develop a great team, and help create a better retail experience we are looking for you. With 2021 seeing the launch of our exciting new retail store and new digital storefront, we need someone that can help us develop and implement strategies for growth and optimization. Someone who can help staff grow and affect organizational change in a customer-oriented fashion.
The General Manager provides leadership and operational direction to ensure and enhance the Barber & Haskill Customer Experience while growing the business and optimizing profitability and business operations. As the ideal candidate, you have a track record of improving and growing business results, you demonstrate effective leadership abilities, strong communication skills, solid business acumen and prudent financial management.
Working with the Owner and President of the business, you will be accountable for achieving annual performance objectives in the areas of Customer Experience, revenue growth, gross profit margin, net income, cash flow, employee productivity and effectiveness, and employee development.
- Develop and implement goals and strategies to increase revenue, efficiency, and net income, and enhance the Customer Experience.
- Oversee and optimize daily business operations.
- Manage, develop and look to consistently improve our most valuable resource, people.
- Participate in developing a budget and business plan for the whole company.
- Align all departments with the business plan and budget goals. Get buy in from all staff to achieve goals.
- Performance Management - Evaluate performance and productivity and make adjustments as needed to optimize performance in all areas of the company.
- Hire staff as well as oversee regular reviews and evaluations.
- Facilitate weekly or monthly meetings with departments to plan, change, or implement new strategies, tactics, and procedures to reach goals.
- Review sales and financial performance regularly and implement changes that may be needed to achieve company goals.
- Conduct an in-depth semi-annual analysis of the company’s performance with all key personnel.
- Oversee creation, fine tuning, and enforcement of company policies.
- Constantly look for threats and opportunities and react to them.
- Ensure that the assets of the company are maintained and protected.
- Oversight on IT systems implementation and usage.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Management experience in an organization that requires the development and execution of key management and business improvement strategies and tactics.
2. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective organization change strategies and tactics.
3. At least 5 years experience in a senior management role.
4. Experience in a fast paced retail sales environment.
5. Excellent communications and people management skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire staff to deliver their best.
6. Financial and General Management experience in an organization with annual revenue of at least $10 million.
7. Computer skills and experience with IT systems implementations would be beneficial.
8. Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Business, Management or Finance (preferred)
Personal Attributes of the Person Who Will Succeed in This Role
· Passion, motivation, strong work ethic, driven to succeed
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach to growing and leading the business.
- Ability to motivate the team to pursue new customers or business opportunities that may arise.
· Highly effective leadership skills
· Focused on Customer Experience and Business Results
· Ability to create effective organizational change
· Takes a strategic approach
· Team Player
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent interpersonal, team building and coaching skills
· Strong financial management abilities
- Acts as a leader and role model for company policies and key strategies and initiatives.
- Works and manages in a manner that is fair, honest, and leaves the organization in a good light.
- Operates with a Continuous Improvement mindset and approach.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and bonus plan
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care