Who are we?
Our vision is to change the way the world views productivity. We want Function Pointto be a place where everyone feels respected; where they are doing important work and where everyone contributes to the growth and direction of our company, our customers and our community. We are a smart and fun team that draws on our experiences and learnings from companies such as BuildDirect, Atlassian, eBay, Amazon, T-mobile, Honda Motors, Telus, Erickson, Scotiabank, FCV Interactive and many others.
We enjoy flexible hours, a work-at-home-day option, personal health days, and a competitive compensation package.
Who are you?
You are either an Intermediate Product Manager or a Product Manager in a SaaS business. You have shipped functionalities that have had measurable outcomes. Key characteristics that describe you are:
- You dig data and share insights via critical analysis for improving a software product/service.
- You're able to learn complex, technical topics quickly and explain them simply.
- You understand the trade-offs of implementation and help your design and development teams to make the right call.
- You apply design thinking and service design concepts to articulate product opportunities. Sounds like you, then read on…
Join Function Point’s growing product team as a Product Manager and help chart the course for our products with potential for fast growth. We enjoy flexible hours, a work-at-home-day option, personal health days and great benefits
3-5 years relevant experience in:
- A data-driven product management role.
- Leading end to end product development initiatives
- Experience in Agile/ Scrum way of delivering value to customers
- Experience using data to inform your decisions and analyzing performance data.
- You communicate product ideas and plans clearly through mockups, technical requirements, business cases and analysis.
- You present effectively to different audiences.
- You can prioritize and politely say “No” to a litany of good ideas that are distracting the team from working on the right functionalities.
- Drive to garner cross-team support and evangelize wins.
- High energy, drive, and a passion for building great products.
- Computer Science, engineering, or other equivalent technical background
- Statistics, Data Mining or data analysis experience
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification or equivalent
- Design Thinking Certificate
- A portfolio of successes that demonstrate your outcomes from product releases, your ability to think strategically and to frame customer and market problems
- Groom the product backlog and prioritize product ideas and bugs regularly.
- Represent the pragmatic voice in the room by juggling technical and UX trade-offs, business value for customers, and strategic value for Function Point… all without losing sight of simplicity.
- Lead problem discovery and user testing sessions with stakeholders including customers .
- Work closely with product team and stakeholders to form and validate data-driven hypotheses for accelerating customer adoption, retention and revenue.
- Work cross-functionally to plan and drive releases and customer launches for product development initiatives
- Work closely with product and development teams to define requirements, user stories to design, test and build delightful product experiences and functionalities.
- Collaborate with development and UX to size product ideas/stories and initiatives.
- Lead internal projects as needed to drive team efficiencies.
- Lead and collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive go-to market activities such as internal training, documentation demos etc for your individual product development projects.
- Own the definition and mapping of user flows for the product.
- Communication hub for your product development initiatives.
Measures of Success:
Success in this role is ultimately measured by:
- Adoption or Engagement
- Customer Delight
Note: Other metrics may be dependent on the context of the functionality being released
All set to apply?
Apply by telling us why this opportunity of Product Manager will fit your ambitions, how you can make a contribution to the future growth of our business and attaching your resume highlighting your achievements.
Must be eligible to work in Canada
Your inquiry is in complete confidence
Job Type: Full-time