SDC Services is now accepting resumes for an Intermediate Civil Estimator with earthworks and underground utility construction project experience.
The Estimator will develop estimate packages, proposals and successful bid strategies. Your estimating experience will include working on industrial and infrastructure projects throughout Western Canada.
The Estimator will:
- Prepare professional quality proposal documentation;
- Solicit vendor quotations for tenders and proposals;
- Prepare and submit Request for Quotation (RFQ)’s from vendors and subcontractors;
- Participate in bid review sessions;
- Review all estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Participate in project start-ups and kickoff’s;
- Review and analyze actual project costing and production information against estimates, and develop historical databases;
- Work closely with project managers, and operations;
- Coordinate schedules, cost control and contract management;
- Travel to project sites as required;
- Produce accurate reporting;
- Pay close attention to detail;
- Submit all required estimate package before the outlined deadline;
- Considered candidates will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
A Post-Secondary Degree or Certificate (C.E.T.) in Civil or Construction Engineering is an asset; The ideal candidate will have 3 - 5 years’ experience as an estimator in the Heavy Civil (earthworks) and Underground Utility Construction.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- estimating: 5 years (Preferred)