Pelican Bay Cooperative Association is looking for a resident resort manager, starting late August or early September 2019. Pelican Bay is a year-round private family resort, just a 1 ½ hour drive from Edmonton, on the shores of Lac Sante. This position is open to either a single person or a couple. Job responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining the ground and facilities in the park (Grass cutting, snow removal, beach maintenance)
- Monitoring and maintaining all mechanical equipment belonging to the park
- Dispensing gas and propane
- Taking reservations for the rental lots from members
- Monitoring the security of the parking
- Provide timely and up-to-date information regarding the park management to the board of directors’ liaison
- Manage the removal of garbage, ordering supplies and scheduled maintenance of the park equipment
- Seasonal start-up and shutdown of the parks water system
- Regularly scheduled cleaning of the washrooms, shower houses and outhouse.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing a facility or park, good verbal communication skills, proven experience and aptitude with mechanical systems (power, water, gas).
Compensation for this position includes accommodations with utilities, competitive salary and the use of park vehicles and tools. The successful candidate will live on-site year-round, except for approved vacation leave. One day per week will be designated as time off.
Job Type: Full-time
- Facility Management: 1 year (Preferred)