B. Rocke Landscaping is a landscape construction company with over 2 decades of experience. We are looking for quick learners with high quality standards, initiative, attention to detail, and who are willing to work outdoors in a physically demanding environment from April through November (weather dependant). The starting wage for a General Labourer is $16-$20/hour depending on level of experience and construction skills and experience.
Opportunity for advancement into a project supervisor is available depending on candidates level of experience, attitude, and skills.
Working as a General Labourer is very physically demanding, and is therefore not suitable for everyone. A General Labourer works with an experienced Site Manager and Supervisor, and is responsible for following instructions and performing tasks relevant to the completion of the project to which they are assigned. Each General Labourer will take reasonable care to protect their health and safety as well as the health and safety of other workers who may be affected by their actions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Continually working with your crew towards completing the project. Working to music is permitted, however standing around staring at your phone or leaning on the shovel will result in employment termination.
- Maintaining productivity to get the job done is your top priority.
- You will be expected to work 8-10hr shifts that will likely include prolonged periods of physical exertion.
- Using proper lifting procedures to lift and carry materials weighing up to 80lbs
- Working efficiently while completing a wide variety of tasks.
- Using company equipment such as skid steer were its easier to get a job done is encouraged.
- Following instructions and executing all tasks according to company Policies and Procedures
- Knowing and complying with Specific Safe Job Procedures
- Maintaining "good housekeeping" within the work area
- Immediately reporting unsafe conditions to the site supervisor
- Setting a good example for other employees
We have very strict policies regarding conduct on our sites. These are outlined in our Policies and Procedures, and must be read and understood before you can begin employment.
We require a criminal record check as part of our hiring process. An offer of employment will be withdrawn if it is believed that a prospective employee’s criminal record would place B. Rocke Landscaping or our clients at risk.
Employment is subject to a probationary period during which you will be evaluated based on your work ethic, performance, and ability to keep up with the crew.
If you are interested, please submit your resume with three references, either online at brockelandscaping.com
Contract length: 8 months
Application Deadline: 2021-06-01
Expected Start Date: 2021-05-03
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $16.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Interview will be held outdoors.
- construction: 1 year (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required