I Have A Chance Support Services Ltd. strives to support and encourage individuals on a route to independence. Our enthusiastic and creative team is looking for BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT WORKERS who are passionate about helping others.
- To effectively intervene and manage challenging behavioral environments
- To assist individuals to pursue goals identified in Person Centered Planning Meetings, personal residence, and personal health
- To support individuals to understand their personal rights, the rights of others, how their behavior influences others, and how to identify and report situations of suspected abuse.
- To support an individual’s freedom of belief, faith, religion, and culture and assist individuals to practice these as desired.
- To support individuals in the development of relationships, community inclusion and to assist individuals to become active, valued, and contributed members of the community.
- To assist individuals in understanding, problem solving, and the development of skills.
- Ensure the safety of clients, staff and the community by intervening and managing challenging behaviors
- Provide support services to individuals with respect to maintaining a household, personal health, developing relationships, managing finances, active community inclusion, designated programs, and pursuit of goals identified in Person Centered Planning Meetings.
- Complete all logs and designated documentation.
- Administer medications as directed by medical professionals.
- Complete regular fire drill, smoke detector, and safety checks of the premises and report findings to Residence Supervisor.
- Clear Criminal Background Check (Please present during the interview process)
- Clear Intervention Record Check (Please present during the interview process)
- A Diploma or Degree in Human Services, Disability Studies, Social Work, or equivalent.
- Two or more years experience working with complex needs individuals.
- Must be willing to travel anywhere within Stony Plain, Spruce Grove and Parkland County.
What IHAC Offers:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits that include a generous Health Spending Account
- Access to plentiful training and development opportunities
- Team building
- Employee appreciation days
- A FUN AND ENGAGING WORKPLACE!
Shift Options Currently Available:
9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
9:00 PM - 9:00 AM - (AWAKE Overnight)
I Have a Chance Support Services Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and values diverse perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Support Care: 2 years (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)
- Security Guard License (Preferred)