Galaxie Brands Corporation is a leading CPG cannabis company in the Hamilton area with a mission to create cannabis brands, products and experiences that consumers love. We innovate, brand and package products that will delight our customers and continue to position us as a leader in the industry. We employ pharma grade production management systems, science, food and branding experts that help us serve our markets across Canada.
We are currently looking for a Controller to join our phenomenal team. Our ideal candidate will be someone who
- Has an accounting designation (CMA, CGA or CA), or an equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (functions, statements, pivot tables).
- Has experience with ADP, Quickbooks and Sage X3 or similar systems.
- Has experience with ERP implementation
- Has experience in a CPG or manufacturing environment
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officerthe Controller will oversee all financial and accounting activities, including accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, budget development and management, payroll processes and execution, and financial reporting and analysis. The Controller will be an experienced self-starter with the ability to multitask, will be detail oriented and organized and will have the ability to handle tight deadlines and rigorous compliance standards.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all accounting, finance, and payroll compliance functions for Galaxie
- Responsible for tax compliance with Federal, Provincial, and local authorities regarding payroll, sales, and other applicable taxes
- Manage and ensure compliance will all government remittances
- Prepare month-end and year-end journal entries including bank reconciliations
- Establish and maintain a clear and accurate filing system of supporting documentation for financial activities.
- Prepare year-end working papers and coordinate audits and/or independent reviews as required
- Work closely with the operations team to manage and optimize the cost of production
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Ensure that appropriate financial controls and best practices are in place and adhered to within the organization
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Provide leadership and support to accounting staff as the team grows
- Create and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note that successful candidates will be asked to complete an official background check.
Galaxie Brands Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility for all of our employees. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. If contacted for an interview, please inform us of the nature of any accommodation that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
All employees and visitors are required to wear masks, physical distancing protocols are in place, in addition to daily COVID screening.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Senior accounting: 5 years (preferred)