Job title :
SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT CLERK
CRESTON VALLEY HOSPITAL
Creston Valley Hospital is looking for a Casual Supplies and Equipment Clerk to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12, and have one year's recent related experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties such as maintaining inventory, filling orders and stocking shelves.
Typical Duties Include:
Hours of work:
- Maintains inventories by filling requisition requests by ordering through the computer system for stock and non-stock items;
- Maintains and prepares inventory records;
- Receives, unpacks and checks incoming materials, ensuring that goods are delivered as per the purchase order;
- Picks up and delivers mail, parcels and supplies within the hospital as well as some materials from local suppliers as necessary;
- Packs, ships goods for return to vendors;
- Completes paper work associated with work performed;
- Transports supplies and/or materials within the organization and externally by operating a 2 axle vehicle as required;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Rotating days, 08:30 to 14:30, 08:00 to 16:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12, plus
- 1 year’s recent related experience
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid Class 5 vehicle license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.