At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Head of Retail will be responsible for the performance, profitability and brand management of CGCs expanding network of retail corporate stores and franchise locations. This individual will lead the development of CGC’s retail store expansion from site selection to store openings and ongoing operations, including the delivery of revenue and operational targets. Developing strategy, structure and building the team will be a key priority for this entrepreneurial leader who exhibits passion for winning, and a track record for delivering exceptional results.
- Align the retail organization’s objectives with Canopy’s business objectives and ensure retail strategy development, forecasting, resource planning, and budgeting is consistent with CGC’s ambition to be the market leader in the segment.
- Develop and design retail organization including role definition and retail resource deployment – finding the right balance between centralized roles and regional or local leadership.
- Achieve revenue, brand preference and profit objectives as well as other key financial metrics and retail specific performance indicators.
- Support in the development of retail store and HR policies and capabilities, including L&D programs to ensure the retail organization has the knowledge and tools to excel in the marketplace.
- Establish the retail organizations performance management system including principles for performance, establishing performance objectives for each role and ensuring all key retail individuals are held accountable for delivering results.
- Provide leadership to the retail organization, while developing a culture of accountability and cross functional collaboration.
- Track and report on store performance vs. targets, for revenue and gross profit. Leverage analytics to improve upon decision making.
- Accountable for establishing and delivering against retail budgets across revenue, salaries & benefits, travel & expenses, and operational costs.
- Lead retail organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the evolving requirements of the business and being a champion of change within the organization. Build an environment that can evolve with the evolving dimensions of retail and the evolving category.
- Have a strong understanding of our business, our competitors and how we can leverage our internal capabilities and relationships to ensure long term success.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers, partners and internal business partners.
- A proven senior commercial leader with broad experience across sales, marketing and retail operations
- Proven experience building iconic consumer brands and high performing teams that consistently deliver against objectives.
- A passion for growing talent and enabling individuals to reach their full potential in a highly collaborative environment.
- A broad mental framework that is comfortable across multiple stages of development from conceptual thinking to documenting core processes
- Experience leading the rollout of new chains and delivering on-time and on-budget.
- An insatiable curiosity of what makes consumers tick and the ability to turn that curiosity into insight and business solutions
This is a remote contract role based out of Canada.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.