We are looking for creative, dynamic, fun, passionate, hard-working, goal-oriented, engaged talent to join our team and help us execute the big ideas. Health and wellness are more than a job - for us, it’s a lifestyle. We are actively hiring Warehouse Material Handlers to add to our amazing team in Richmond and want to hear from you!
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Extended Medical Benefits
- Employee Discount on Product
- Steel Toed Footwear Allowance
- Day shift – regular business hours
- Growth within the company
- Free Parking
Organika is a natural wellness and beauty company based in Richmond, BC. What started almost 30 years ago as a small line of supplements has expanded to an ever-evolving collection of natural wellness and beauty products, (including Canada’s #1 selling collagen powder).
Our mission is to guide people to better health through a genuine passion for innovation and wellness from the inside out. From mindful manufacturing and organic ingredients to the latest beauty superfoods, we love what we do and we think you will too. That’s the Organika way.
Organika Core Values
Love Living Healthy is our motto and it’s at the core of what we do as a company. We are passionate about helping people feel and look their best and we do so with our Core Values in mind, what we live by as a team – Health with Purpose:
- Living Healthy
- Team player
Located in our Viscount location, our Warehouse Material Handlers coordinate, maintain and participate in efficiently dispensing work orders to Manufacturing, Packaging and Co-Packers in a fast-pace environment. This role performs the critical role to create and maintain work orders making attention to detail and accuracy very critical. Our Material Handlers are responsible for day-to-day movement of inventory in the warehouse, cycle counts, and quarterly inventory counts.
- Pull, dispense, and repackage raw materials/ Packaging material allocated to manufacturing requests.
- Navigating through the warehouse and maintain the accuracy of all raw materials and Bulk
- Transferring and receiving raw materials virtual on ERP when needed
- Perform cycle counts and report counted numbers to the respective coordinator
- Ensures a clean, safe, and well-maintained work area in the warehouse and dispensing rooms and cleans equipment after use
- Performs miscellaneous duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Follows established policies, procedures, and standards in execution of all work assigned
Qualification & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience working in a warehouse setting or in logistics; experience in operating material handling equipment preferred
- Attention to detail when dispensing raw materials
- Basic knowledge of math and/or unit conversions
- Certification to ride forklift truck preferred
- Prefer good working knowledge and/or training in:
- - Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- - Natural Health Product Regulations and Safety Requirements
- - ISO standards and requirements.
- - Documentation and record keeping
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Ability to read, write and to follow instructions, and work independently with little guidance
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend and to lift heavy materials up to 50 lbs.
- Operate computers and relevant warehouse management computer software
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends
- Proficient in the use of the English language
Please note: Due to the nature of this role, remote work is not available.
Covid-19 preventive measures are enforced; virtual meeting takes place on first interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- forklift truck: 1 year (preferred)
- material handling: 1 year (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)