The UX Design Lead, eCommerce in Canada Goose is responsible for delivering transformative customer experience design and practices in collaboration with digital product, insights, creative, and technology to evolve our digital customer experience.
Canada Goose is seeking an individual with a blend of exceptional user experience design skills, rich UX design best practice knowledge, a strong quantitative and qualitative research approach, strategic thinking and passion to create intuitive, elegant and scalable ecommerce & omni channel journeys with a customer centric mindset.
We’re looking for someone who facilitates decision making, through a collaborative and feedback encouraged environment that considers needs across stakeholders. Demonstrates excellent communication skills, has a high level of autonomy and thrives in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
This is a hands-on role and you should be adept at leading stakeholder interviews, mapping user journeys, creating low/high fidelity prototypes and annotating interactions - all driven by real audience insights - to help our wide range of digital product initiatives.
As a member in the product management team, your leading role will require you to mentor your team of UX designers to become better practitioners through career and skill development. You’ll be of introducing best UX practices and support product managers/owners to carry ideas from inception to implementation.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Lead ideation and concept explorations throughout the project lifecycle, facilitating and driving creative solutions, discussions and strategic planning
- Ensure the UX team approaches each design challenge methodically and productively, through established processes to achieve a desirable solution. Drive quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for the quality of UX deliverables - including but not limited to: user journeys, business flows, site architectures, wireframes, hi/low fidelity prototypes, annotations and specs and timely support to product management, engineering and creative teams
- Develop user journey maps, process, and tools to validate concepts / results early through testing / piloting & etc. Perform UAT and provide timely feedback to the project team.
- Partner with and the Insights team or independently perform user research and conduct data analysis to deliver insights about customers and behaviour that feed into our customer journey maps
- Ensure solutions are scalable and applicable to the business context; and that knowledge and best practices are shared across projects and teams
- Provide oversight to track, manage and communicate project milestones, deliverables and risks with the project team, and being hands-on when needed
- Provide mentorship, coaching of UX designers, and the building and reinforcement of a design culture by leading through example and education
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, Digital Web/Software Design or related academic stream
- 5 + years in the industry as a UX / Interaction / Product Designer or Information Architect
- 3 + years experience in designing Digital solutions. Preferable in fashion/lifestyle/apparel
- Proficient technical knowledge of ecommerce technologies, User Centric Design, Agile methodology and web development
- All candidates must provide a portfolio with examples demonstrating experience in creating UX design solutions that is based on findings from user research, UCD principles, and best practices. Examples would ideally show the evolution from low to high fidelity prototypes / mock-ups.
- Must possess a design portfolio that demonstrates tactical experience with user-centered design patterns and methodologies & best practices, including:
Creation of User Journey or business flows
Expert-level design of low-to-high fidelity Wireframes and Functional Prototypes
Ability to craft Visual Annotations and Functional Specifications for Development teams
- Excellent understanding in Mobile First, Lean UX and responsive design principles
- Excellent interaction chops, an eye for quality design and ability to think through product strategy
- Proficient in prototyping tools: Figma, Protopie, InVision, Sketch and comparable tools.
- Solid understanding in HTML, CSS.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and cost/benefit tradeoffs of different design solutions
- Ability to manage scope and time while maintaining high quality standards.
- Excellent skills in driving decisions and engaging stakeholders.
- Experience in agile (Scrum) based environment, able to use issue tracking / feedback tools like Jira and Microsoft Teams
- Solid understanding of ecommerce platforms and best practices, especially Salesforce Commerce Cloud or equivalent technology stacks (Shopify, Magento & etc) is a plus
- Solid understanding of omni channel solutions and experience in designing digital experience in store (POS, Kiosk, Digital display) is a plus.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.