We are looking for someone who is available either weekends and evenings, or early mornings, flexible schedule required, shift length can vary.
Canadian Tire Keswick is hiring Logistics Team Members for our Warehouse. The Logistics Team Members work in a fast-paced environment that involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, merchandising and ensuring merchandise is transported to the sales floor in a safe and efficient manner. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying as well as interaction with customers, delivering friendly and courteous service while explaining product benefits and fulfilling customer needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the store.
- Guides customer to the location of requested items.
- Locates products in the warehouse.
- Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
- Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently (e.g., stocking, labels, facing, etc.).
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
- Walks their assigned sections to understand what needs to be accomplished on a daily basis.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Operates computer and RF gun and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Engages in learning activities and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and department policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Learns about new products on a regular basis.
- Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Standing/walking/bending for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
- Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required
- Health and dental benefits if eligible
- Profit sharing if eligible
- Employee discount
- Career opportunities within the Canadian Tire network
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Keeping our employees safety our concern, we work to maintain a minimum of 6' apart; masks and hand sanitizers are provided.
- Merchandising/Logistics: 3 years (Required)