Do you have experience with SQL, Microsoft Azure and Python? Are you an experienced Business Intelligence Specialist and/or Data Warehouse Specialist? The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is seeking a collaborative Business Intelligence Data Developer to collaborate with the supply chain team, which handles provincial procurement data amounting to $1.7 billion in annual spending.
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain Performance, the Data Developer develops and maintains various complex data solutions, tools and automations which impact several functional areas throughout PHSA. The Data Developer works with internal and external stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical specifications and is responsible for implementing software or infrastructure upgrades, developing strategies for data security, and ensuring compliance with pertinent PHSA IT security and privacy policies.
What you'll do
- Design reports and complex analytical solutions by gathering business requirements, translating requirements into technical specifications and logical data, developing corresponding database, troubleshooting errors, and deploying solutions.
- Write ad-hoc queries and reports to support staff and leaders in data analysis as required.
- Design, develop, and support the automated data ETL (extraction, transform and load) processes by automating data gathering from on premise applications or cloud sources on the internet, troubleshooting programming errors and developing and deploying solutions to fix errors. Develop programming scripts to automatically monitor ETL environment security.
- Using data engineering or data science techniques, write programming codes to develop data pipelines and transform data by utilizing machine learning or Artificial Intelligence algorithms.
- Automate processes to cleanse and enhance business data to bring out insights or data patterns.
- Facilitate or automate business decision-making with the enhanced data.
- Design, build, and implement data systems and infrastructure to support machine learning and AI analytics.
What you bring
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science.
- Three (3) years of recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of experience in BI Reporting and Data Warehouse Management.
- Extensive development experience with Microsoft on premise data solutions for both BI reporting and backend processing.
- Experience with Microsoft cloud technologies is a plus.
- Experience analyzing data in source systems to identify data cleanliness issues (e.g. missing values, duplicate meanings, and invalid data) and developing feedback processes to fix corrupt data.
- Experience using computerized financial applications and systems such as PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Unit4 and Cerner as well as Power BI and Data Visualization tools.
- Knowledge and experience working with complex computer-based applications and data systems, data integrity process checks and internal controls.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and system analysis skills.
- Self-directed and motivated to learn new tools and technology.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to multiple projects and deal with continually shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
What’s in it for you?
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular Full Time
Location 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
Hours/Days: 0830-1630, Monday through Friday
Wage: $39.67/per hour + benefits
Reference number 102367E
Please apply at: https://jobs.phsa.ca/job/burnaby/business-intelligence-data-developer/909/4789903520
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reference ID: 102367E
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $39.67 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings