Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
Create an environment where the best experiences happen
Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the Director, and the Managers of the Quality, Infection Control, Legal, Privacy, and Risk and other staff, as requested. Executes duties mindful of the extreme confidential nature of all information associated with the portfolio.
Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge or general understanding or ability to interpret the Rule of Civil Procedures
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as AdobeSign
- Problem solving skills and sound judgment to manage conflicting deadlines and requests
- Self-directed, detail oriented, dependable and resourceful
- Ensures efficient day-to-day support to the group of Directors/Manager by providing high quality administrative support while ensuring up-to-date office support systems are in place and workflow, schedules and correspondence are managed effectively.
- Provides a variety of confidential and time sensitive advanced administrative duties, often within competing time frames.
- Assesses and anticipate the needs of the Directors/Manager and be comfortable with making independent decisions based on knowledge of current situations
- Takes a proactive approach and works collaboratively with other Administrative Assistants and key stakeholders when preparing agendas, managing materials and following up on outstanding action items.
- Must be able to multi task, prioritize and manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency
- Proficient minute taker with an ability to prepare high quality concise minutes
- Written and verbal communication skills to assist with drafting memos, reports, editing, engaging with client portfolio stakeholders
- Organization and time management skills with an ability to effectively manage a complexity of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities and possess tact and diplomacy in dealing with inquiries and requests for information.
- Demonstrates initiative, high degree of accuracy and ability to handle a complexity of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to identify administrative problems and make recommendations to solve them.
- Professional interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional and customer service oriented with an ability to work with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Models behaviours consistent with Southlake’s Core Commitments
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Office Administration Diploma (with focus on Legal and/or Medical) or related discipline from a recognized Community College preferred
- 3-5 years of administrative experience (including working in hospital claims management role) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Recent Healthcare/hospital experience preferred
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Southlake Regional Health Center.
- Always with compassion
- Power of many
- Serve with purpose
- Every voice matters
- Courage to think differently
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, minutes, memos, and compose draft agendas for committees within this portfolio.
- Prepare flowcharts, graphs and overhead presentation materials.
- Support revision of Policies and Procedures, Standards of Care, Medical Directives and prepare for Nursing Manual Updates and ensures proper approvals completed.
- General office reception duties, Including but not limited to co-ordination of meetings (internal/external) and presentation equipment (as needed)
- Performs other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Support correspondence/communication internally and externally