Cedar Valley Investments Ltd. is a family-owned real estate management and development company based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. We aim to provide safe and affordable housing to Fredericton's residents.
Cedar Valley Investments, a family owned and operated business, is looking for a qualified and experienced leasing agent and bookkeeper. Our team is responsible for the management of over 300 units in the Fredericton area.
As a leasing agent, you’ll become the key contact for our current and potential tenants. We are looking for a friendly, sociable and dynamic person who will be able to work independently as well as with a team. You must be reliable, organized and have a keen eye for detail.
The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, with excellent communication. Candidates with previous experience in property leasing, property management, sales or a customer service background will be given preference. Must have good personal interaction skills and be able to work well under pressure. The role entails but is not limited to the following:
- Handle all email, telephone and text inquiries from prospective and current tenants.
- Complete screening of applicants including employment check and rental reference checks for approval to rent and deliver news regarding approved and declined application status
- Demonstrate knowledge of product, features, and benefits currently being marketed to potential renters.
- Book and arrange viewings of units.
- Processing and signing of lease agreements and other residential tenancy forms.
- Monitor and Maintain Building Cleanliness.
- Schedule maintenance issues as needed
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Advertise units as needed and gather information with regard to respective market.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Perform general bookkeeping such as entering bills, posting receipts, and completing bank reconciliations.
- General office duties, work in conjunction with all relevant departments.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Professional in appearance and mannerisms
- Experience in a similar position or in sales, customer service or hotel industry
- Strong people skills
- Organized and close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online software
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act of New Brunswick
- Clean driving record
- Some travelling may be required.
- May be required to occasionally work on the weekend.
- Flexible lunch hours and some flexibility in work hours.
Candidate will begin on a contract with the opportunity for a full-time position. Health and benefits available after probationary period. Pleaseapply with resume to the attention of the Director of Operations. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in Cedar Valley Investments Ltd, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Industry: Real Estate
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $33,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)