Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Business Support Specialist, Mortgage Services
Manager, Mortgage Services
Purpose of Job
The Business Support Specialist will be required to support the Project Leads and Project Manager on a daily basis, liaising where appropriate with the project’s internal and external stakeholders to obtain or provide information. The incumbent will be responsible to participate in the development of new products and provide support on various small to medium sized projects/assignments relating to the Mortgage Services Department. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring completion of deliverables in accordance with timelines set by management. Projects and assignments will vary in size and scope and may include, but not be limited to, development of new reports, analysis, system and process testing, completion of various functional audits, and monitoring and maintenance of compliance activity requirements.
The incumbent will be required to understand and take into consideration the continued effectiveness of Mortgage Services processes, system integrations and procedures when leading various projects.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of projects/assignments. Establishes priorities and schedules of projects. Participates in the development and implementation of projects, work methods and procedures. Recommends procedural changes to improve unit efficiency, including recommendations on staff requirements. Follows up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by manager(s).
- On a daily basis, the incumbent will be responsible for effectively managing multiple independent departmental and company-wide projects/assignments of different priority levels on behalf of Mortgage Services and working with internal functional support groups. The incumbent will attend various meetings and execute project deliverables within set timelines. The incumbent will be responsible to communicate project expectations to team members and Management.
- Complete testing system enhancements/changes
- Participate in BPI and procedure documentation across the department
- On a daily basis, the incumbent is responsible for time management of their projects and assignments in order to meet prescribed deadlines and deliverables
- Prepare spreadsheets, power point presentations, data analysis and reports as required to support project requirements and day to day operations
- Regularly monitoring and reporting on progress of the projects
- Disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Take notes during meetings
- Respond to stakeholder inquiries
- Develop and conduct random sample audits based on outlined criteria to verify process adherence and/or risk exposure
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience required and 3 years’ mortgage experience
- Business project management experience an asset, with experience in planning and executing both business and IT initiatives
- Strong time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Established organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with internal functional support groups
- Some knowledge of project management methodology is an asset
- Exposure to both large and small corporate culture is preferred
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (primarily Excel), MS Visio and PowerPoint
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise and professional manner
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.