Super-Pufft Foods Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of high-quality snack inspired foods for both in- home and out-of-home consumption. Our MexiCasa brand has been trusted by consumers for over 20 years. Super-Pufft is an innovator in main meal and snack foods for all channels of distribution. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facilities, located in Ontario and Alberta and the U.S., service clients with the mission of ‘providing the highest quality products with exceptional service and great value for its customers’.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for testing, evaluating and addressing product quality issues and food safety concerns in the production facility. Maintaining accurate documentation, meeting third party audit requirements, creating and maintaining specifications and keeping documents up-to-date are key responsibilities.
· Conduct quality assurance monitoring of product and processes as per established procedures and frequencies to maintain high quality products
· Assist in project data collection and completion to address product or process issues
· Perform plant GMP audits and prepare audit reports to monitor compliance throughout plant
· Complete daily evaluations of products, reporting non-conformance's for corrective actions as required
· Monitor daily production for food safety and quality parameters and responsible for reporting and addressing food safety issues
· Prepare samples in support of sales initiatives
· Assist in daily organization of the QA area
· Complete independent work on procedure writing and projects assigned
· Assist in complaint analysis with objective of meeting departmental objectives in complaint reduction.
· Perform environmental swabbing to monitor sanitation program
· Maintain ingredient and supplier documentation
· Maintain customer specification and regulatory databases.
· Contribute to and support third party auditing requirements, in support of company objectives
· Ability to audit food safety and processes at off-site locations
· Assist in the review and updating of written SOPs
· Filing and other administrative tasks as required
· Complete other duties as assigned
· Knowledge of GFSI standards
· Knowledge of food safety: HACCP and GMP's is an asset
· Flexible hours
· Strong computer skills
· Knowledge of Canadian Food nutritional and labeling regulations an asset
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Strong organization skills and accurate filing and record keeping
· Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proven ability to work under pressure and time constraints
· Post secondary education in an academic program in a field related to quality and food production.
· Some related experience in a food plant /environment would be an asset
Interested? Want to learn more?
Please forward your current resume to Human Resources in person at 404 James St. S, St. Mary’s, ON or by email.
Quote “Quality” in the subject line of your e-mail.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Super-Pufft Foods Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-349-3232.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Related: 1 year (Preferred)