If you want to make a difference in the lives of older adults, then this is the career opportunity for you. The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawarthas. Our caring and highly skilled staff promotes family and community involvement to enrich the lives of our residents. What sets us apart is our service and commitment to "Care" in everything we do. Join our team and make a difference today!
As a Personal Support Worker with one of our Homes, we will rely upon you to assist our residents in their activities of daily living, providing skilled care in an empathetic and nurturing manner.
- Provide hands-on compassionate delivery of skilled services to residents in the provision of care with adherence to confidentiality, privacy, and a focus on maintaining dignity.
- Assist residents with the personal care required for daily living including bathing, dressing, functional mobility and mobilization, feeding, wound care, etc.
- Ensure clear and effective communication while promoting teamwork and good relationships with co-workers; Interact with residents and their families in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner at all times.
- Respond to resident and family concerns promptly and in a manner that optimizes resident dignity and promotes independence
- Must possess a valid PSW certificate or be in the second year of the RPN / RN program.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Prior experience in retirement or long term care environment preferred.
- Must be available to work varied shifts.
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation and professional development opportunities.
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time