Fraser Valley Office Systems
Location: Fraser Valley, BC
Position Status: Permanent, Fulltime
The Service Technician is primarily responsible for service and maintenance of all Ricoh equipment as well as hardware and software installations for clients in the Fraser Valley / Greater Vancouver area. A positive attitude and excellent customer service skills are necessary.
RESPONSIBILITES / DUTIES:
- Prepare and pre-install printers and multifunctional devices as required.
- Install and troubleshoot new equipment at customer locations.
- Respond to assigned service calls at customer locations.
- Preventive maintenance of printers and multifunctional devices at customer locations.
- Identify and escalate service issues requiring additional support to Technical Specialist, or team leader.
- Complete all required paperwork to ensure service documentation requirements are met.
- Maintain accurate car parts stock, as assigned, counted quarterly
- Provide excellent customer service both over the phone and face to face, and have an ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Maintain a positive relationship with customers through effective and consistent communication
- Post-secondary education, preferably in an electrical or mechanical discipline (applicable relevant work history in an electrical/mechanical/technical field would also be considered in lieu of education)
- Working knowledge in Computers, Networking and Windows /Mac Operating systems.
- Strong product and technical knowledge of digital multifunction devices or relevant experience in a similar industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SUITABILITIES:
- Certification (Net+, A+, Comp TIA or equivalent certification) or working towards industry related certification (eg. COMP TiA, A+, Net+) an asset
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, highly focused and driven to learn Positive attitude and possess a personal pride in performing quality work
- Be flexible and adaptable. Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and accommodate a variety of assignments at various locations on a day-to-day basis.
- Be highly organized with excellent time management
This is a full time position with an attractive benefits package and the salary will be commensurate with experience. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fraser Valley Office Systems is a division of the Tle’ Nax T’awei Group (TTG) and is affiliated with the Teslin Tlingit Council (TTC). The TTG encourages TTC citizens and their spouses and family to take advantage of the TTG’s preferential hiring policy.
Job Type: Full-time