POSITION: Breakfast Line Cook - Maverick’s Steakhouse and Grill Moncton
REPORTING TO: Kitchen Manager - Maverick’s Steakhouse and Grill Moncton
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with education and experience
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent - Full Time
LOCATION: Moncton, NB
Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the line cook will play a key role in contributing to our guest satisfaction. The position of Line Cook requires an individual with the necessary skills to accurately prepare and present all menu items and assist the Kitchen Manager with daily tasks.
We want to hear from you if you are an experienced Line Cook with a passion for creating a memorable culinary experience for our guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete tasks associated with opening the kitchen
- Work closely and communicate clearly with the culinary team
- Follow recipes to ensure a quality product
- Comply with all kitchen hygiene and safety processes
- Execute all reasonable additional assignments determined by Management
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts or comparable education preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in the same/similar role in food services; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Food-safe Certificate preferred
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Exceptional time management skills
- Attention to detail, takes initiative, has a hands-on approach
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; works well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English (Bilingualism would be an asset)
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF POSITION (INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO):
This position requires the ability to:
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift
- Stoop, reach, kneel or crouch
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in Canada
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by emailing prior to Tuesday, July 2nd 2019.
Please include your CV and a Cover Letter that clearly demonstrates how you meet the criteria outlined above.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
D.P. Murphy Group of Companies is a leading hospitality company operating approximately 75 award-winning restaurants and hotels as a franchisee in Eastern Canada. We offer a unique opportunity to learn and thrive across different streams of the hospitality industry while growing within one company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, Open Work Permit (Required)