We are looking for an experienced Programmer professional to join our team. This contract role presents an opportunity for the successful incumbent to work from their own home office in Saskatoon or out of our office in Humboldt, SK. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Configuring and programming most major brands of PLC, HMI/SCADA equipment, including Schneider, Allen-Bradley, Citect, GE, etc., with a focus on water and waste water treatment processes;
- Programming in Ladder Logic language;
- Writing code, procedures and operations and maintenance manuals;
- Troubleshooting and maintaining control systems, electrical systems, wiring diagrams, and industrial networks;
- On-site installations and commissioning;
- Practical experience in instrument calibration, selection, maintenance and setup is required.
- Updating and developing AutoCAD drawings;
- Travelling to site locations and assisting in servicing/troubleshooting performance problems associated with the product line and installations;
- Analyzing and making recommendations to improve processes;
- Training operators and introducing new equipment as well as providing training on the operation of existing Sapphire equipment;
- Timely and accurately completing system records;
- Requirement to work out of the Humboldt office a minimum one day per week. Willingness to occasionally travel to regional offices and client sites as required;
- Membership or eligibility for membership with either the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) or the Saskatchewan Applied Science Technologists and Technicians (SASTT) association, and;
- Valid driver’s license.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, extremely organized self-starter with outstanding customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 10 years’ experience in electronic engineering and automation technology or a related field. ESET or Instrumentation Tech educational backgrounds are both acceptable. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and be prepared to travel to client sites including remote locations. Strong computer skills are essential, and experience with networking and communications equipment (wired and wireless) is an asset. A high level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills is a must.
Job Type: Contract