Communications - Digital Designer
Calgary Counselling Centre (CCC) changes people’s lives. We provide counselling for individuals, youth, and families of all backgrounds, with barrier free access and no wait list. We are philosophically grounded in research and outcomes measurements and our clients consistently achieve unparalleled results. CCC is also the largest training facility in Western Canada. We train counsellors in psychology, social work and marriage and family therapy within a thriving social enterprise structure.
Calgary Counselling Centre is looking for a full-time Communications - Digital Designer to join our team. This position will play a critical role in supporting Calgary Counselling Centre’s communications and marketing department on a province wide initiative. We are looking for a skilled professional with a passion for communications/marketing and with experience in digital design to raise the profile of CCC and further engage the community and stakeholders throughout Alberta.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a designer to add to our growing team. You will be tasked with creating original visuals for web, print, and social platforms, owning entire campaigns, and working with every team within Calgary Counselling Centre to achieve our broader organizational goals. Materials will help market the agency province wide to its different audiences and help prospective clients better understand our services.
A great candidate will:
- Design and produce a wide range of promotional/marketing materials including posters, handouts, brochures, advertisements, and displays
- Design and produce corporate documents including PowerPoint presentations, charts, graphs, and infographics
- Develop mockups and concepts
- Capture and edit photos
- Prepare artwork for production
- Design websites, webpages, and web assets including newsletter, annual report, and web graphics
- Participate in creative development and research
- Collaborate with other in-house teams to ensure business goals and requirements are met
- Apply rigorous quality assurance testing to verify entire scope of production meets client functionality and compatibility requirements
- Actively apply search optimization strategies to maintain high ranking of CCC websites
- Effectively communicate the Centre’s brand essence strengthening its image and reputation to internal and external audiences through visual communications
- Create and maintain document templates
- Ensure the brand is integrated in all audience touch points, including interior and exterior signage, and marketing materials
- Ensure the integrity and correct use of the Centre’s logos and other aspects of the Centre’s visual identity in all applications
An ideal candidate will have cross-disciplinary skills. In addition to digital and print design, our communications team works with video, audio, some light web development, and photography.
We encourage you to apply even if you are unsure whether you meet all these qualifications:
- University degree or college diploma in graphic design or web design, or related experience
- At least five (5) years’ experience as a graphic and web designer
- Experience with digital imaging techniques: colour correction, graphic treatments, and enhancements
- Proficiency in web design
- Knowledge of video capture and editing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and/or tasks concurrently
- Desire to update skills and learn new techniques on an on-going basis
- Creative and solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of working independently and in a small team
- Attention to detail
- Experience with creating designed works from sketch to final product, photo editing, social media platforms, and working with templates
- Must have working knowledge of the following software: Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop; and Microsoft Office applications
This is a term position until March 31, 2024, with the possibility of extension. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit ONE PDF file with your first and last name with a cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio no later than August 3, 2022.
Calgary Counselling Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
As an organization, CCC is concerned about the health & safety of our staff and those we serve, therefore all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
Application deadline: 2022-08-03