The Office Assistant position requires a motivated and responsible individual who will be entrusted with assisting Community Care Durham staff with day to day tasks and activities. The Office Assistant will assist with administrative support, data entry and other various office support tasks.
This is a casual elect to work position with irregular scheduling based on business needs and will support all Community Care Durham offices within Durham Region.
Reporting to the Home Support Manager, the Office Assistant is responsible for:
- Providing administrative and general office services within Community Care Durham’s policies and procedures
- Providing information to clients, volunteers and the public in person and by telephone
- Providing reception and general office duties as required
- Working cooperatively with Administrative and Service Coordination staff to promote Community Care Durham programs and to meet service deadlines
- Education and/or experience in office administration
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork and organization skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Knowledge of community support services including community-based mental health services an asset
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Satisfactory criminal reference check (including vulnerable sector screening) and ability to travel within Durham Region occasionally
- Sensitivity to the needs of the elderly, individuals with mental health issues and persons with disabilities
- Must work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies
Start Rate: $15.67 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2019-28 by 4pm on Monday June 24, 2019, outlining qualifications and experience to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham via email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $15.67 /hour
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)