If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Executive Chef is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As an Executive Chef your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Planning, organizing, directing and supervising the activities of the Kitchen Department to provide fresh, tasty food, colorful presentations, attentive and a warm service with a smile.
- Establishing and monitoring workflow, evaluating performance and production, and making changes as necessary to improve quality of service.
- Assisting the kitchen team members hands on when and where necessary. It is expected that the Executive Chef is daily 50% hands–on in the operation.
- Selecting, supervising, mentoring and monitoring kitchen team members and evaluating performance to assure a high level of productivity and the best use of team member capabilities, as well as to ensure that the food service objectives are achieved.
- Preparing and maintaining all required records such as invoices, reports, statistics, etc. in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a diploma in Food and Beverage Management/Hospitality Management from a recognized college or Red Seal designation.
- Must have good scratch cooking skills, creative with modern presentations.
- Must hold a valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years’ management experience in Hospitality or Retirement industry preferred.
- Human resource skills required to handle a variety of interactions with residents, families, and team members.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources.
- Basic knowledge in general beverage service i.e. wines.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.