edjuster is a property claims market leader operating in the content claims services area. Since its inception in June of 2000, edjuster has established a dispute-free track record unmatched by any other. Through the use of service and software, edjuster offers insurers solutions customized to meet their specific claims handling needs, and with it the ability to offer their policyholders the assurance of Performance Excellence Guaranteed claims settlements.
The role of a Contents Claims Specialist is a multi-faceted role, which focuses primarily in the following four key areas of edjuster’s content claims handling operations:
- Acting/operating as a third party, intermediary between the Insurance Company’s property adjusters, and their policyholders with respect to conducting fair market assessments and valuations of policyholder’s/claimant’s total loss personal contents, which are most commonly caused by theft, water, fire and other perils.
- Focusing on the accurate and timely processing of the industry’s major loss and damage content claims, via the use of edjuster’s claims handling professional-service methodology and its Web-based contents claims processing and pricing platform/system – exclaim.
- Operating from their appropriately set up and equipped home-based offices, edjuster’s Contents Claims Specialists are consistently (daily/weekly basis) assigned new claim files.
- Operating from their home-based offices, edjuster’s Contents Claims Specialists are responsible for recording all daily claims handling activity, with respect to hours worked/time spent per task as well as fulfilling all of their required administrative job duties.
As part of this role, responsibilities included, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct site visit to meet the adjusters/policyholders and industry vendors, where they are to explain their roles as Content Claims Specialists, and their respective roles/contributions in the claims handling process.
- Visit sites to assess the contents lost. May be exposed to diverse conditions (cold, heat, rain, debris, etc.).
- Consistent and quality/turnaround of all claims in accordance with the Company’s productivity and performance standards.
- Work with Central Claims Processing to organize/direct the resources (claims assistants, pricing representatives) required for completing the inventory and LKQ assessment of all damaged/destroyed total loss contents in an efficient and effective manner, and as per productivity standards.
- Work with Central Claims Processing to organize/direct the resources (claims assistants, pricing representatives) required to promote/achieve the timely turnaround/closures of all claims.
- Adhere to e-djuster Inc.’s commitment to timely and informative updates on the content claims process to adjusters/policyholders.
- Complete/submit detailed work/time logs on a daily basis, for all claims processed.
- Maintain claim related notes in the Company’s Claims System/Web-application, exclaim, relating to incurred hours over productivity standards, as well as related to specific issues and other pertinent notes.
- The timely and accurate completion/pricing of all outstanding items, which have not been priced via other channels, and following pricing Like, Kind and Quality (LKQ) standards.
- Consistently promote edjuster’s brand, image and reputation in a professional and positive manner.
- A Secondary School diploma
- Strong computer skills (MS Office/Outlook, etc.)
- Be able to provide an adequate workspace, free of noise
- Employee must provide their own high speed internet service (a portion will be reimbursed)
- Company equipment including laptop will be provided. It is the employee’s responsibility to care and maintain the equipment, as per policy
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Overnight travel required. Currently, overnight travel (out of region) is a regular occurrence. All extended travel costs (flights, rental cars, hotels) will be handled by edjuster in advance. Meal costs will be covered by the employee and expensed after the fact.
- Some prior background/experience in the Property claims industry would be considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and new technology.
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve.
- Contract – approximate duration of one year. Possibility of permanence after one year.
- Competitive Salary- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The minimum for this role is $20.50/hourly.
- KM reimbursement when personal vehicle used
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at www.edjuster.com
*While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview*.
edjuster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- adjusting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)