Join the fight against COVID-19 in long-term facilities in the Ottawa Area and surrounding regions.
In response to the growing spread of COVID-19 through long term care (LTC) facilities in the Ottawa Area and surrounding regions, Carecor is proud to step up and help. Your safety is our utmost concern, and we have worked with our partners to guarantee that you will have access to the appropriate PPE for all of your shifts.
The following employment hours are available for this position:
What to Expect
- Premium wage
- Guaranteed full-time hours (40 hours a week)
- Placement in one (1) long-term care facility
- Guaranteed personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Shifts are twelve (12) hours in length (days or nights) and depending on facility needs
- Rotating weekend coverage
- Must be able to be scheduled for assignments that are considered “urgent/last minute/early morning” (e.g. called for assignments within 2 hours or from start of shift)
- Flexible to work all shifts (days and nights), including weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate from an Ontario Community College Program OR a private career college in Ontario that is registered with and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities with successful completion of the final examination administered by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC) OR an approved Ontario Board of Education PSW Program
- Individuals grandfathered into a PSW role with 6 months recent patient care experience within the past 2 years will be considered
- Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) will be considered
- RN or RPN students with completion of 1 year of a nursing program and currently enrolled for the program next year will be considered
- Current N95 Mask Fit Test Certificate
For over 35 years, Carecor Health Services proudly attracts and retains staff to our professionally skilled and supportive team. We specialize in acute healthcare and have expanded our reach within Long-Term Care Facilities across the Greater Toronto Area. Our reputation of quality is enhanced by the dedication of our people and the relationships we build. We are committed to connecting employees with flexible and rewarding work to meet their personal and professional goals.
Carecor Health Services is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual