Position : Full time Grocery clerk/Dairy clerk
Store: Robs Nofrills Location: 13071 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill (Oak Ridges)
- Properly train staff to understand the policies and procedures and know how to communicate effectively with the customer
- Schedule department appropriately to meet business needs in absence of Manager .
- Handles customer complaints in a proper and efficient manner
- Comply with all Health and Safety and Food Safety policies within the store and ensure that all policies are followed by staff
- Train and motivate staff
- Delegate and prioritize workload for staff
- Effectively merchandise advertising and promotional programs
- Recommends aggressive and achievable sales goals
- Maintain up to date information about market trends and competitor activities
- Receiving, storing and handling of the product to ensure efficient, effective results
- Ensure proper product rotation as required
- Ensure proper signage for produce displays to enhance sales/profits
- Ensure pricing integrity
- Promote and ensure a consistently high standard of customer service
- Accountability for store in the absence of the Franchisee including key carrying and alarm responsibilities
- Any other duties that may be required to ensure courteous friendly service, competitively priced products, and a store that meets and maintains the hygiene standards specified.
- 4 years Grocery store experience is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of critical success factors for the no frills concept as a discount food store focusing on low price image
- Demonstrated understanding of the produce department’s impact on store performance in the following ways:
- merchandising to appropriate No frills standards
- maintaining and ordering proper inventories
- checking invoices for proper pricing
- maintaining cleanliness to appropriate standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated Customer focus
- Ability to manage people
- Ability to work with minimal functional direction
- Solid knowledge of all aspect of the produce area, operations and products
- Open availability and flexibility to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays according to the needs of the business
Thank you for your interest, however only qualified applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
At Robs Nofrills, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity or interview, please advise if you require accommodation.
Robs nofrills is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Grocery store: 4 years (Required)
- Richmond Hill, ON (Preferred)