THE ATIKOKAN GENERAL HOSPITAL REQUIRES
Two (2) temporary full-time Rehabilitation Aide
Classification: Full-time, Temporary
Rate of Pay: $23.00/hour
Reference #: 2020-26
Reporting to the Manager of Rehabilitation and the general supervision of the Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist, the Rehab Assistant supports the facilitation of activities, programs or therapies designed to support individuals in reaching their maximum physical and psycho-social potential. The Rehab Aide also provides logistical and clerical support to the registered rehabilitation staff.
NOTE: this is a temporary full-time position for 3 months, with opportunity for extension.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Some post-secondary education in Health Sciences, Exercise / Exercise Physiology or Human Kinetics. Graduate of a recognized program as a Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy, or Occupational Therapy Assistant is preferred.
- Must be familiar with body systems / body mechanics / human anatomy, especially as regards geriatric patients. Experience working in a long-term care / geriatric setting is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the operating scope of various colleges and of the legislative framework applicable in a clinical setting.
- Shows a willingness to learn and develop knowledge.
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team that responds to client needs in a variable and changing work environment.
- General computer competency and experience with Microsoft Office. Experience with medical technology / practice management software is an asset.
- Physically capable of meeting the physical demands of the position.
- Demonstrated regular and sustained attendance record.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Apply with resume and cover letter – quoting the reference number – in confidence to:
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-1210
Deadline for applications is December 11th, 2020 at 4:30 PM Atikokan Time
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 2020-26
Contract length: 3 months
Application deadline: 2020-12-11
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place