Customer Service Manager
A Customer Service Manager co-ordinates the checkout area in the store, supports Front-End associates, and resolves Customer complaints, while maintaining exemplary customer service by adhering to the Basic Beliefs and values of Wal-Mart.
· Practicing the 3 meter Rule.
· Ensuring compliance with the Company's procedures regarding Customer Satisfaction Cards (CSC's) and Competition Ads.
· Providing a friendly work environment for Associates and Customers.
· Being knowledgeable about all register operations.
· Receiving customer complaints and resolves complaints when possible.
· Correcting register errors when necessary/required.
· Ensuring registers are prepared for opening and closing each day.
· Following company guidelines concerning refund, cheque, bankcard and associate discount purchase approvals.
· Following and training associates on the “One Best Way” standards of practice.
· Responding to CSM alerts on the handheld promptly.
· Providing coaching and training feedback to associates.
· Assigning cashiers to registers and managing breaks of associates as required.
· Communicating with management and sales floor associates to maintain Front-End coverage.
· Resolving customer dispute/concerns and using good judgment to make decisions for the customer at the cash register and at the customer service desk.
· Verifying items on refund tickets to actual merchandise returned.
· Co-ordinating expense control with the use of checkout supplies.
A Lead Customer Service Manager assists the Management Team with coordinating daily Front-End activities, and training and developing Front-End associates.
· Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Maintains departmental operational standards by:
· Leading and motivating the front end team to effectively maintain the sales rates of the Wal-Mart Rewards MasterCard.
· Making sure there are no more than three (3) Customers in line.
· Co-ordinating the lunch/break schedules for Cashiers, and Courtesy Desk Associates.
· Providing assistance at all outlying registers.
· Walking off front end during shift to maintain cleanliness and safety standards.
· Providing efforts to reduce Shrink levels through balancing registers, training associates and reporting issues to the CEM.
· Maintaining paperwork related to Front End Operations (SWAS Reports, Price Override Reports, etc.)
· Ensuring all Wal-Mart Policies are being followed by Front End Associates.
· Ensuring all Front End associates have materials and equipment to successfully complete their work.
· Keeping the checkouts closed off when not in use.
· Keeping all registers functional at all times.
· Ensuring all cashiers are checking for “Bob”, “Lisa”, and “Mitch”.
· Keeping adequate quantities of clean, quality shopping carts for Customer use.
· Ensuring each register has plenty of bags, register tape, etc., to serve the Customers quickly.
· Ensuring all scanner/checkout surfaces are kept clean and neat.
Job Type: Full-time