We are looking for a Part Time Payroll and Administrative Clerk with the possibility for a full-time position in the future. Currently, this position would require the candidate to work 20 - 25 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for multiple Payroll and Administration functions including but not limited to:
· Sort and distribute incoming mail in the department.
· Assist with office reception duties.
· Maintenance of employee files and contracts along with HR Generalist
· Ordering and maintaining of office supplies
· Performs various administrative tasks that support effective and efficient operations.
Accounting / Payroll:
· Verify incoming data for accuracy and ensure appropriate documentation attached.
· Process timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll of truck drivers, and other hourly staff.
· Input data into the database and set up new hires for payroll purposes.
· Act as back-up to other Payroll Administrator.
· Processing and posting purchase orders and invoices as required.
· Set up changes to any benefits in the HRIS/Payroll system and update the insurance carrier’s system.
· Prepare and send out benefits packages and assist with enrollments.
· Audit and reconcile benefit company invoicing.
· Partake in benefit usage and renewal discussions.
· Assist in employee relations and wellness programs.
· Support in Health and Safety Policy Administration and Communication
· Reconcile and submit payments for WSIB/EHT.
· College Diploma or University Degree in accounting, business, or HR Administration
· 2-5 years related experience
· Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation preferred.
o Experience with Truck Driver payroll is an asset.
· Knowledge of Federal Regulations is preferred.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills
· Previous experience working with confidential information and maintaining employee privacy.
· Computer literate and exceptional skills in Word, Excel and email a must.
o Experience in Payworks is an asset.
· Positive attitude and a willingness to “wear multiple hats”.
· Self-initiative and proactiveness.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Should you require any accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department via phone at 519-291-5322 ext. 226 or via email to recruiting @ bte .ca
Part-time hours: 20 - 25 per week
Application deadline: 2021-03-22
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Payroll: 1 year (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place